FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The "Ella Jane" bubble skirt

I have been sewing a ton lately, trying to get my designs into easy to follow patterns in a PDF format to sell in our online boutique. It's a long drawn out process to get my crazy ideas into comprehendable directions. Slowly but, surely...

This is my most recent design. I just made the cutest church outfits for my girls and an adorable bowtie for my little guy. (which by the way he refused to wear because daddy was wearing a necktie and boys don't wear bows...any other day he'd want to be a princess too but, not today)

I used a beautiful powder blue dupioni silk for the outside of the skirt and a dark brown faux dupioni silk for the lining, which also included the waist band. I did the jacket in the same brown fabric and used the same blue for the ruffles on the sleeves.

I had a little photo shoot with the girls before church and here are the results.


The Princess

The Princess and the Peanut



The Jacket is going to take some thought and time before I can get it into a PDF pattern format.

The inside of the bubble skirt




The skirt PDF is almost ready to go. The hope is that it will be ready for next weeks give away!!! You could be the very first one to own our newest PDF and make this adorable bubble skirt.



...The skirt PDF/Pattern should be for sale this week on etsy!

I have to say it is so rewarding, sewing for my own family! If you have never done it, try it, you'll be hooked!!!
Photobucket


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Geogous! I absolutely LOVE it.

Cheri said...

Cutest skirt ever. I would love to make one.The whole outfit is adorable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails